Yesterday was a lively evening in our neighborhood. Kids are always out playing, especially as the weather is getting nicer, but it's a special day when the adults join in on the play. Well, yesterday evening there was some extra youthful spirit in the air because at one point, we had as many mothers playing a Turkish form or dodge ball as we had kids. And they were serious too, throwing hard, running and dodging the ball. It was a lot of fun. We certainly had as much fun, if not more, than the kids. I have tended to be a ready player with the kids in the neighborhood, especially as our kids tend to be more shy and have often dragged me into getting them started. I have never minded playing these games with the kids, but I really don't like sticking out so when I saw a mom or two already engaged it was such a pleasure to join in and before we knew it, nearly every adult there was engaged in play for a time. The kids really love it when we play with them don't they? So, the moms and older grade school kids played dodge ball and volleyball and Sonora and her little friends played "house" in the garden nearby. I caught them hard at work "cleaning" and "cooking." We really have been so blessed by our wonderful neighbors. I will miss these women I've grown to know, and their kids as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment