I love to have "hand work" on hand. In the past it was hand quilting baby quilts (small enough for lap work), and it seems I always have something I'm knitting, and off and on since being in Turkey I've tried my hand at embroidery. I like that the materials are basic (floss, needle and fabric) and that I could work on small little pieces that worked up pretty fast. It's been a little like doodling on paper, only with needle and thread.
This project started back in September with a sketch. I was at a friends' home and she had a cute mug with tea pots on it. Well, I liked the shape of the pots and the bright colors they were in. I sketched a rough sketch in my journal and took it home. Then over the last couple weeks, while watching a Turkish show on Wednesday nights, I worked on these little tea pots. They whipped up so fast! I decided to sew them together and then, though I didn't plan on it right away, I ended up hand quilting around them. So, these are some pictures of the finished project. I hope you have a chance to visit Celebrate Color and maybe it'll inspire you to try something new.

Beautiful work!! I love it...
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous! Very impressive. You should win hands down.
ReplyDeletevery pretty
ReplyDelete