You know I've been talking about Spring for a long time now, or if I haven't been here on this blog I have been everywhere else. We have been waiting and waiting for Spring to fully arrive but it is coming soooooooo slowly! And so I keep telling myself to be patient. I took these pictures I'm posting here today a week ago. We had this beautiful sunset coming and I wasn't going to miss it. We don't get those beautiful Midwest sunsets very often, where the whole sky is full of clouds and there is that dramatic blue in the East. Istanbul mostly gets those big orange ball sinking sort-of sunsets. They aren't bad but I love when the atmosphere is heavy enough for that soft orange light to linger everywhere. I kept watching out my kitchen window and knew something special was coming. It was worth the wait. It made me remember to wait for Spring too. And sure enough, after being gone for a week (I'll post on that later) I came back to signs of Spring. I have to say the thing that was the most telling was seeing the view outside my living room window. We got in late last night and when I peeked in the living room this morning I felt like something was new in the room---it was the view. All of a sudden I had some new color in the picture, green trees to spice up the otherwise pastel concrete apartment buildings. It was so nice! So, even though the weather is still a little cool, Spring is slowly, slowly coming.

We're waiting here too. Once in a while a warm day, then back to the 50's.
ReplyDeleteRainy and cool!