Thursday, July 7, 2011

To See a Sunset





We were in Edirne for the weekend.  Great time with friends and a fun time touring the fair grounds for the oldest running sport in history (more consecutive years than the Olympics) of grease wrestling.  One evening while we were the idea came to us that we should drive out of town to see the sunset.  When I was a kid I had the luxury of living in a place where the horizon was deep and empty, just perfect for a dramatic sunset.  In the city it's hard to catch a good one, so when the idea formed I was all for it.  We headed out and landed out on this hill just perfect for the slow sinking of the sun, for the glow and then the fade.  It was beautiful.  None of the pictures I took really got the view below us.  Fields and hills for miles with little small villages here and there.  The sky was big and beautiful.  God does sunsets really well. 

2 comments:

  1. Sunsets are like a kiss from God right before bed. Arizona has the most incredible sunsets in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I love about living in wide open spaces! God does create beautiful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete