I wanted to post these pictures because I think they capture just a sampling of the wonderful art and culture of this old city that one would see as a tourist. We strolled through the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar just taking our time and we had a few experiences that we've never really taken the time for--like allowing a rug seller to give us his best sales pitch. It entailed some tea, some time and a very educational experience in the history of rug making here in Turkey. The store owner was good in sales and I see how some people not intending to buy a rug walk out with one--they are beautiful.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Istanbul In Pictures
I wanted to post these pictures because I think they capture just a sampling of the wonderful art and culture of this old city that one would see as a tourist. We strolled through the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar just taking our time and we had a few experiences that we've never really taken the time for--like allowing a rug seller to give us his best sales pitch. It entailed some tea, some time and a very educational experience in the history of rug making here in Turkey. The store owner was good in sales and I see how some people not intending to buy a rug walk out with one--they are beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












Beautiful pics!! I have been meaning to e-mail you. With our move etc our main e-mail changed and we don't get the updates we did. I think I have your current e-mail so I promise that soon I will send a message, let you know of all the goings on here and you can update our address that way!
ReplyDeleteHugs friend!!
Kristin