Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Angry Birds

While in Canakale with our neighbors, the two boys had a lot of fun playing "Angry Birds" on the iTouch.  Well, Malachi, being the creative boy that he is, decided all on his own to recreate the game in real life.  We made the birds from toilet paper rolls  For the set he used his blocks and for the pigs he used his plastic animal pigs.  All of this was his idea.

Here you can see him start to set it up.  The pigs are on top of blocks, on the floor, inside a block compound, etc.

Then he would throw the "angry birds" at the set and try to knock down one of the pigs.  You can see a block flying in the air in this picture.  Because of the light weight of the birds (from toilet paper tubes) you had to throw frequently and very hard to stand a chance at getting a pig.  So, he made a point system where any block you'd knock down was10 points and every pig was 100 points and if you got to 500 points you could buy a bouncy ball to put in your bird and of course with that you could knock out the "president" pig who was inside a little block compound.  The first person to get the president won the game.

He had cars and lincoln log pieces and everything.  I have to admit, it was really challenging and fun.  He played it for a few days and then he lost interest.  I think the set-up was too time consuming.  I think I'll bring it up on a rainy day. 

2 comments:

  1. I love his creativity! Addison thought it was awesome that he made his own Angry Birds game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an imagination. He'll have to be an actor or a writer some day. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete