Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!!!!

Well, it's a new year and will be a year filled with lots of "lasts" and lots of new "firsts" for us as a family.  We have some big changes coming up.  I have had the thought of trying to take a picture every day this year.  I don't know if I will be able to do it, and loading them up daily is already out of the question, but maybe every month I can put up a collage of the month's pictures.  This is not a resolution, just an idea that came to me that I'd like to do and am willing to try.  We'll see how long it lasts.  In case you are wondering, I still have to take one for today.  I have 1 1/2 hours left.  Very telling of how well I plan things.

Well, I brought in the New Year across the hall at my neighbor's home.  Aaron had such bad allergies he was in bed with the kids by 10:00pm.  So I went back over to their house and my friend and I chatted until it was midnight.  It literally went that fast.  We ran out to their terrace and stood there in the sprinkling rain to watch the fireworks go off around the city.  Then we went downstairs to wish her husband a New Year and they called their families.  We all watched the news a little then I bade them both goodnight and walked out their door, took four steps to mine, and was home.  I will sorely miss this across the hall neighbor thing.  It is convenient in many ways.  Our kids are  always running across from their house to ours, running back to get a toy, etc.  We are so close yet I always have to lock up and have my keys on hand.  That's city life for you.

Happy New Years!

2 comments:

  1. Cari's folks were here at the Voyager with us so we went out to dinner with them, mom and Tom, and then played spinner until 9. We were in bed at 10. The new year came in without us. So glad you had the neighbors to share the evening with. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun - sounds like a great New Years! We had a party in our home, and also ended up on the balcony, watching the fireworks. Maybe next year we'll BUY some of our own fireworks, and shoot them off (*grin*). I still plan on sending you my schedule, so we can find a time to meet - I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete