Sunday, November 21, 2010

Our Bayram Week

This last Tuesday was the start of the four day Muslim "Kurban Bayram" holiday.  The schools and many businesses were closed for the week.  Aaron has written more about it here at his blog so I won't double what he has said.  Turks celebrate together with their family and by visiting friends and neighbors.  Just like Thanksgiving is a big travel day in America, lots of people have been on the road traveling to see family as well here these last few days.

For our family it has meant a week of lots of get togethers with old neighbors and friends, new neighbors and freinds and other expats as well.  It has meant later nights, too much caffine (lots of tea at these visits!), and too many sweets for Sonora (as it is tradition to celebrate with chocolates and other candy).  So, we've had a great week but we sure are tired out, or at least I am.  I think we got together with eight different families this week!  That is a lot of tea, chocolate and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment