Sunday, January 23, 2011
Life Adjustments
Well, I'm getting my first taste of an empty nest. Last week Sonora started going to Turkish preschool for half days. The school is close, right on our block, so it is very convenient. There were a few days of tears, but now she is going with a smile and anticipation of a fun time with her new friends. She has a great teacher that I am really impressed with so far. And all this excitement of her starting school and it going well has left me with a few hours to myself for the first time in a long long time. As an introvert I've always enjoyed time by myself so I have been a little surprised to find myself feeling lonely in my empty house and even more strange, sometimes at a loss for what to do without someone there to interrupt things and change it up a bit. It's clear that Sonora isn't the only one is transition and I too will get accustomed to this new schedule. I am very pleased that she is happy in her school. That brings me peace. I look forward to getting back into studying Turkish more seriously. There is a whole list of things I hope to accomplish with this time, now it's a matter of putting the first things first!
Labels:
Daily Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment