Early next week one of my neighbor friends will be having a baby girl. Luckily this past summer when we were in America my Aunt Phyllis game me this lovely pack of fat quarters that was just perfect for a baby quilt, so I had just what I needed to start my gift. The pattern was simple enough, so one morning while Sonora was home, we got out the cutting board, the fabric, and I cut everything out (above picture). A few days later I pulled out the machine and with stop and go sewing here and there and an evening of sewing after the kids were in bed, I was able to sew it all together. I was all set on hand quilting it, since I really love hand work, but I knew it was going to take too long and likely wouldn't get done before the baby came. So I pulled out my starting stitches and fed it through the machine the next morning while Sonora was in school. I think I'll stop by tomorrow to give it to her. I hope she likes it.

You are incredible! Beautiful.....Your neighbor will love it.
ReplyDeleteI love it Consuelo. Plus the backdrop is just great. I am confident your friend will like it.
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! I'm glad you peaked your head out in the last picture - I was going to be bummed if I didn't get to see the artist! :)
ReplyDelete