Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Four -Year -Old Little Girlish

Sonora has been full of all sorts of cute sayings lately. So much of it I don't write down and then forget it. This evening out of the blue at the dinner table she says what every parent loves to hear:

Daddy, I love you.
Aaron: I love you too.
Mommy, I love you.
Me: I love you too.
Malachi. . . I love you. (said all drawn out and with feeling)

To this Malachi doesn't say a word but keeps on talking, obviously not hearing or paying attention to what she is saying, so I draw his attention to what his sister just said and with the three words blurred together he replies, "loveyoutoo" and continues his other thought.

Sonora thankfully isn't offended because she is so drawn up in her expressions of love so she continues on, "Mommy, I love everyone! You know what? I even love thieves! If they would come in my house I would love them and I would just tell them "Please don't take my things" (said in a "I'm talking like a princess with my hands clasped together under my chin and head tilted to the side" sort of way). These sorts of conversations are very much four year old little girlish. I get a kick out of them.

2 comments: