Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Re-learning the Limit

The other day Sonora and I went to the store with our list of things to buy. I used to know exactly how much I should get, meaning I was always mindful of what I could actually carry home. However, after three months in the States and not walking with groceries any further than to the car in the parking lot, I seem to have forgotten the limit and made the grave mistake of buying more than I could comfortably carry home walking. Now, the walk home wasn't too far but at a four year old pace it was about 15 minutes. I had luckily brought a backpack, thus carrying the brunt of the weight on my back but I was in pain by the time we made it home. Sonora even helped me by carrying a 12-pack roll of toilet paper all by herself the whole way. Out of curiosity I weighed my load and all in all I was carrying 45 lbs! Now to some of you that might not seem like much, and maybe in my younger days I could have born it better, but for my 100 lb. frame it was too much. I literally had a headache when I got home because the pressure on my shoulders was too much. So, the lesson has been learned. I won't make that mistake twice, instead I will go to the store twice!

2 comments:

  1. I just love your stories. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - 45 lbs....I would have given up and started dropping things I think! :) Thanks for sharing your daily journey!

    ReplyDelete